Lakewood woman kept dead pets in crates

TACOMA — A Lakewood woman is accused of keeping dead pets in crates and other animals covered in feces.

The Tacoma News Tribune reported that 48-year-old Patricia Scott pleaded not guilty to four counts of animal cruelty. She was ordered released on her own recognizance and barred from coming near animals.

Charges say that in late November animal control officers found a feces-covered cat scratching to get out of a crate, a decomposing dog and a Pomeranian stuck standing in inches of his own waste. They found nine other severely neglected rabbits, geckos, birds and guinea pigs and two more crates with dead animals.

Authorities say Scott’s family called animal control after she aggressively refused help to take care of the animals at her parent’s house.

More in Local News

Wildlife, guns and property taxes are on the agenda in 2018

State lawmakers are pre-filing bills they hope to pass in the 2018 legislative session.

Spring start set for big Everett apartment complex

The building will be eight stories tall, with seven of those visible from Broadway.

Amtrak service from Seattle north unaffected by DuPont wreck

Sound Transit reported no disruptions for its Sounder commuter trains serving Edmonds and Seattle.

Two from Oak Harbor killed in head-on, 2-car crash

One car crossed the center line, hitting the other car. Both drivers died.

Clues in recovered backpack help identify robbery suspect

Police find a ticket with the man’s name on it after an attempted shoplifting at a Safeway.

Herald photos of the week

A weekly collection of The Herald’s top images by staff photographers and… Continue reading

Police presence returns to Edmonds School District

Jacob Hubby is set to walk the halls of Meadowdale High School as a school resource officer.

County budget takes effect without Somers’ signature

The council passed its version with unanimous support and could have overridden an executive veto.

Separate Everett fires send man to hospital, damage boat

The man was hospitalized for smoke inhalation from the early morning fire.

Most Read