LEBANON, Ore. — A handyman in Lebanon, Oregon, was electrocuted in a freak farming accident.
Linn County authorities said Tuesday that 58-year-old Robert Leeland Prock was standing a 40-foot irrigation pipe on its end to move it when the pipe touched an overhead electrical wire.
The 12,000-volt wire was suspended 22 feet above the ground.
Prock was knocked unconscious by the shock and was pronounced dead at the hospital a short time later.
His 11-year-old son, who was helping him, was also shocked but survived with no serious injuries.
The investigation is continuing.