Man hospitalized after Marysville house fire

MARYSVILLE — A Marysville man was flown to a Seattle hospital Thursday night after suffering burns in a house fire in the 300 block of Marine Drive.

The fire at the single-story home was reported around 10:15 p.m.

Firefighters fought the blaze defensively and the fire was under control within 30 minutes, Marysville fire marshal Tom Maloney said.

The people inside fled the home after hearing breaking glass.

The injured man was flown to Harborview Medical Center. His condition and age were not available Friday morning.

Damage was estimated at $220,000.

The Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the family.

More than 28 firefighters battled the blaze, with mutual aid provided by Snohomish County Fire District 15 at Tulalip Bay.

The Snohomish County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was accidental and caused by misplaced smoking materials, Maloney said.

Maloney said it is important for people to remember to check their smoke alarms regularly and practice their emergency plan.

More in Local News

Herald photos of the week

A weekly collection of The Herald’s best images by staff photographers and… Continue reading

Trail work by juvenile offenders builds resumes, confidence

Kayak Point trails were built out this year by groups from Denney Juvenile Justice Center.

Flood watches end for Snohomish County

No rain is forecast for the rest of the week.

Volunteers clean up homeless camp infested with garbage

The organization’s founder used to live and do drugs in the same woods.

Families begin relocating from public housing complex

Baker Heights is in need of repairs deemed to costly to make, and will be demolished and replaced.

Everett mayoral campaign is one of the priciest ever

Many campaign donors are giving to both Cassie Franklin and Judy Tuohy.

Arrests made in robbery-turned fatal Everett shooting

A man, 24, and woman, 18, were found at a hotel in Seattle.

3 fire departments seek levies to support emergency services

District 25 in Oso is hoping to pass its first fire levy in 22 years.

Front Porch

JUST FOR YOUTH Build with balloons Youth in fourth grade and up… Continue reading

Most Read