LYNNWOOD — A fire in a vacant house in Lynnwood on Tuesday morning sent one man to the hospital.
The fire was reported about 10 a.m. in the 4700 block of 188th Street SW. Crews arrived to find flames coming from the back of the house, Lynnwood fire spokeswoman Cathy Rizzo said.
Investigators determined that the fire started accidentally, she said. A homeless man was trying to start a propane heater in the house and the heater exploded. He ran from the scene but was later found by police.
The man was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle for treatment of serious burns to his hands.
Damage to the home was estimated at $150,000. Officials are trying to find the property owners to alert them.