SEATTLE — A former maintenance worker at a Jewish student center near the University of Washington campus in Seattle was taken to a hospital on Monday afternoon after police say he threatened to blow up the building.
The Seattle Times said employees at the Hillel building called police to report that the former employee threatened to mix toxic chemicals to cause an explosion.
Police say the man went to a supply closet, mixed ammonia and bleach together and inhaled the fumes.
Employees evacuated the building. A police SWAT team found the man in the building’s basement just before 3 p.m.
Police closed the surrounding streets during the investigation.