Marysville fire leaves family homeless

  • Wed Mar 24th, 2010 11:04pm
  • News

A kitchen fire Wednesday afternoon left a family with no home.

Reports of a house on fire led firefighters to the 6500 block of 94th Street NE. about 3:30 p.m., Marysville Fire District spokeswoman Kristen Thorstenson said. One of the firefighters was bitten by the family’s dog, but he wasn’t seriously hurt.

Fire investigators determined the fire started in the kitchen. A teenager who was at home was alerted to the fire when the smoke alarm sounded, Thorstenson said.

Snohomish County Red Cross volunteers provided the family a place to stay.