No injuries after clothes dryer fire at Edmonds care center

EDMONDS — No one was hurt Saturday in an early-morning fire at an Edmonds adult living center.

The fire was reported at 2:25 a.m. at Rosewood Courte Memory Care at 728 Edmonds Way. The facility provides 24-hour care to people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of memory loss, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.

The fire apparently started in a large commercial dryer, and sent smoke into some parts of the building. All 34 residents were taken to another part of the building away from the smoke, Hynes said.

Fire protection sprinklers kept the flames from spreading, she said.

Damage was estimated at $85,000.

View Fire, 02-09-2013 in a larger map

More in Local News

Herald photos of the week

A weekly collection of The Herald’s best images by staff photographers and… Continue reading

John Miller, congressman, author activist, has died

He was known for his dedication to the marine industry, energy and human rights.

Church takes a quiet, contemplative approach to worship

Alternative services at First Congregational Church of Maltby offer “a good deal of silence.”

Funds up for council vote would aid conservation district

District stands to receive an extra $1 million each year, if the County Council gives its approval.

Snohomish County hosts its annual Focus on Farming conference

The event features a trade show as well as talks on agriculture, jam-making and more.

Supportive housing for man accused in attacking his mother

Mental state impaired man’s ability to appreciate the wrongfulness of his actions, judge rules.

Lynnwood mayor challenged by councilman in general election

Three City Council members also are facing challengers on the Nov. 7 ballot.

‘Horrific’ child-porn case: Former Arlington man sentenced

Raymond Devore, arrested in 2015, had a cache of disturbing photos and video on his cellphone.

500 tires go up in flames at a store south of Everett

There were no injuries. And it was nowhere near as bad as that months-long tire fire in 1984.

Most Read