No injuries in house fire in Monroe

MONROE — A fire late Monday night caused extensive damage to a Monroe area home.

The fire off 121st Street north of Monroe started in the chimney and spread to the attic, officials said.

It was reported around 11:30 p.m.

No one was injured.

Firefighters reached the blaze in the A-frame home quickly enough to salvage art work and furniture inside.

Eighteen firefighters from Monroe and Snohomish battled the blaze.

No damage estimate was available Tuesday morning.

More in Local News

Suspect sought in two Everett bank robberies

He’s described as 5-foot-10 to 6-foot-1, with dark hair and a goatee, and may have a neck tattoo.

Two missing men found, one alive and one dead

The man found alive was found in an apartment across the hallway and taken to a hospital.

Vegas, LA, Phoenix, and more destinations from Paine Field

Alaska Airlines will fly to eight West Coast cities out of Everett starting this fall.

Three teens arrested for Marysville school vandalism

Windows were broken and a trash bin was on fire Sunday night at a Marysville middle school.

Langley mayor threatens newspaper with lawsuit

The mayor threatened to sue the paper over claims he withheld public records disclosure information.

Marysville police send abandoned, unclaimed bikes to Zambia

“Out where we are, a bicycle is upward mobility,” said Kelly Huckaby, a missionary in Africa.

Darrington School Board dealing with upheavals

The crux of the controversy seems to be the superintendent’s job.

Man shot dead after argument at bar south of Everett

Police say an employee of the bar shot and killed the man, who had opened fire in the parking lot.

Alaska Airlines to announce Paine Field destinations Tuesday

The Snohomish County airport’s passenger terminal is slated to see flights this fall.

Most Read