No injuries in house fire in Mountlake Terrace

MOUNTLAKE TERRACE — No one was injured in a house fire that caused damage to a small rambler on Sunday afternoon.

Fire District 1 Battalion Chief Jerry Sheehan said the blaze apparently was caused by a lawn mower that was being stored in a carport outside the house on 53rd Avenue W. in Mountlake Terrace.

About 20 firefighters from Fire District 1 and the Shoreline Fire Department responded to the blaze. It was reported about 3:15 p.m.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, the carport was fully engulfed in flames. The fire had spread to the attic of the house, Sheehan said. It took about 20 minutes for crews to extinguish the fire.

The house had water, smoke and heat damages but the estimated loss was not immediately available. No one was inside the house at the time of the fire.

More in Local News

Waiting lists and growing demand for low-income preschools

There will be 1,000 more spots opening in the state next school year — far fewer than needed.

Snohomish County PUD general manager and CEO to retire

Craig Collar, 54, who will return to Montana, joined the utility as a senior manager in 2006.

Jensen Webster sorts through food stuffs at the Sultan High School in Sultan on March 14, 2018. (Kevin Clark / The Daily Herald)
Sultan school children take charge to help their peers

The Sky Valley Youth Coalition has installed pantries at schools so kids can take food home.

Herald photos of the week

The latest collection of top images by Herald photographers.

Cougs beat Dawgs — and the Hawks

WSU boasts the No. 1 specialty license plate, and the money that comes with it.

Police seek female suspect in north Everett burglaries

She’s suspected of being an accomplice to a man who has committed five other burglaries.

North Machias Road bridge down to one lane until fixes made

A bridge south of Lake Stevens remains at one lane of travel… Continue reading

Everett woman found dead identified as 21-year-old

There were no obvious signs of trauma on the body of Brianna Leigh Nyer.

Ivar’s in Mukilteo closes for disinfection after illnesses

The Snohomish Health District said it’s not certain what caused some patrons to get sick.

Most Read