By Doug Parry
Everyone runs a best-of list this time of year, but does everyone run a best of best-of lists? That’s where we take navel-gazing the extra mile. Here are the best best-of lists we’ve run in the past couple weeks:
- Our list of the 13 most-read stories of 2013. You have no one but yourselves to blame for the number of bikini barista stories on the list.
- Robert Horton has his 10 best movies and 10 he’d rather forget. Let him help you stock your Netflix queue.
- From our What Radio music blogger, Steven Graham, the best local sounds of the year. There’s really a lot going on with the local music scene, and we’re lucky to have Steven keeping an ear to it.
- Our fine Herald photo staff compiled their favorite photos of the year in sports, high school sports, and everything else.
- Our entertainment writers chime in with their favorite places to dine.
- And a bevy of lists from A Reading Life, the Everett Public Library’s excellent blog:
Here’s to making sure 2014 makes some future best-of lists.