Seventeen students from around Snohomish County were honored for their photography and artwork in a competition by the Snohomish County Public Utility District.
The contest was designed to get students engaged in energy topics. The art contest challenged students to create posters that teach people how to use less electricity.
For the photography contest, high school students were challenged to capture the theme of “Energy in Action” in a photograph. Winners of the art contest receive $50 apiece. Winners of the photography contest receive $75.
The winners are scheduled to be recognized at the PUD Board of Commissioners meeting April 16. The art and photography contest winners’ entries also will be on display at the PUD’s Everett headquarters from Monday through April 19.
The artwork and photography is also scheduled to be displayed at the PUD website at www.snopud.com starting next week.
Here are the 12 students who won for their artwork:
- Joshua Ren, Grade 1, Silver Firs Elementary, Everett
- Nancy Davis, Grade 3, Index Elementary
- Luke Pusateri, Grade 3, Homelink, Lake Stevens
- Alice Standley, Grade 4, Shelton View Elementary, Bothell
- Alexia Price, Grade 5 Pioneer Elementary, Arlington
- Megan Scott, Grade 5, Pioneer Elementary, Arlington
- Hailey Brown, Grade 6, Lakewood Middle School
- Malia Ryden, Grade 6, Lakewood Middle School
- Angelican Baker, Grade 8, Lakewood Middle School
- Chana Kim, Grade 9, Henry M. Jackson High School, Mill Creek
- Nikole Foster, Grade 10, Sultan High School
- Alisha Parker, Grade 10, Sultan High School.
- Allegra Butters, Grade 9, Stanwood High School
- Cheyanne MacDonald, Grade 9, Stanwood High School
- Johnnie Kelley, Grade 11, Glacier Peak High School, Snohomish
- Brendan Olsen, Grade 11, Glacier Peak High School, Snohomish
- Kara Burgess, Grade 12, Snohomish High School.