Seattle University student in ICU after he’s stabbed, robbed

SEATTLE — A Seattle University student is in intensive care after being stabbed and robbed on campus early Wednesday.

The 23-year-old told police he was walking back to campus when he noticed he was being followed. He said he was knocked to the ground and punched by two men who went through his pockets. A woman also was present.

The man didn’t realize he had been stabbed until campus security and fire department medics arrived.

Police said he was taken to Harborview Medical Center with a life-threatening wound to his chest. The hospital reported him to be in serious condition Wednesday afternoon.

Seattle police searched the area and found three suspects hiding: a 15-year-old boy and a 16-year-old girl who were booked into the Youth Services Center and a 23-year-old man who was jailed for investigation of robbery.

More in Local News

At long last, a church of his own

After years of filling in elsewhere, Hallack Greider is the new pastor at Maplewood Presbyterian.

Judge: Lawmakers’ emails, texts subject to public disclosure

News organizations had sued to challenge the Legislature’s claim that members were exempt.

Herald photos of the week

A weekly collection of The Herald’s top images by staff photographers and… Continue reading

Outgoing councilwoman honored by Marysville Fire District

The Marysville Fire District in December honored outgoing City Councilwoman Donna Wright… Continue reading

Everett district relents on eminent domain moving expenses

Homeowners near Bothell still must be out by April to make way for a planned new high school.

Their grown children died, but state law won’t let them sue

Families are seeking a change in the state’s limiting wrongful-death law.

Officials rule train-pedestrian death an accident

The 37-year-old man was trying to move off the tracks when the train hit him, police say.

Number of flu-related deaths in county continues to grow

Statewide, 86 people have died from the flu, most of whom were 65 or older.

Ex-Monroe cop re-arrested after losing sex crime case appeal

He was sentenced to 14 months in prison but was free while trying to get his conviction overturned.

Most Read