50 years ago (1963)
Keeping pace with the city’s growth, Everett Trust &Savings had moved a couple doors north on Colby Ave. into its new facilities in space formerly occupied by Montgomery Ward. They were inviting the public to inspect their new offices. The bank had been around nearly as long as the city, having been established on July 1, 1902.
Elizabeth Sipprell, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A.E. Sipprell, 1301 Pinkerton Ave., was awarded the national torch bearer in social leadership award, highest honor a member of the Camp Fire Girls organization could receive.
25 years ago (1988)
Silver Lake Dental Heath Center recently completed the final phase of an expansion. Tenants included the Everett Women’s Clinic, dentists John Stieber, Salvatore Leon, Robert Lee, J. Vincent Smith and Carroll Reichelt, and Hagstrom Dental Ceramics.
Julie Backes had been promoted to assistant vice president of Citizens Bank. Backes had been with the bank since 1982 and was the manager of the Lake Stevens office. Carol Hacking was promoted to vice president in charge of the real estate loan center. Gary Bye was appointed cashier.
By Jack O’Donnell from Herald archives at the Everett Public Library.