50 years ago (1963)
Jon Hautimaki of Post 6 and George Reynolds of Troop 6 would be presented their Eagles badges February at ceremonies at First Congregational Church. Jon would receive his badge from Scout Executive Bruce Wintson and George would get it from Carl Pearson.
Vic Cox was moving his automobile dealership in Arlington to a new building. Cox had moved to Arlington in 1957 to open his company, which had prospered in its original location at 523 N. Olympic. The new site was nearby at 3rd and West. He sold Pontiacs and GMC trucks.
25 years ago (1988)
Mark Volken, Everett economic development coordinator, was trying change the myths about Everett. He and others were addressing the image of a quintessential beer-budget town, and pitch the city as a thriving, scenic community ripe for investment and a new wave of economic development.
A contingent from the Snohomish County Public Utility District, including Commissioner Chuck Moon and an adviser, were setting out for Calgary, Alberta, on a fact-finding trip. The group would stop in Fergus Falls, Minn., to observe a computer system in action.
By Jack O’Donnell from Herald archives at the Everett Public Library.