50 years ago (1963)
The Bob Fickel Real Estate Co. was settled in new quarters. The firm, headed by Fickel, was serving customers in the former Chamber of Commerce quarters in the Monte Cristo Hotel. Previously the office was located at 2929 Wetmore Ave.
After many years at 1714 Hewitt Ave., Bill Thompson had sold his American Barber Shop and moved to Marysville. Ralph Smith was the new owner of American, now called Bill’s Barber Shop, at 405 ½ State Ave. The Kumfort King chair was featured. Bill’s motto was “Comfort while being clipped.”
25 years ago (1988)
Edmonds City Councilman Bill Kasper was selected chairman of the Community Transit board of directors, and Lynnwood council member Tina Roberts was chosen vice chairwoman. John Connolly, a Sultan City Council member, was selected secretary for the board which oversees the county’s public bus agency.
Area malls were having bridal events. Everett Mall called its bridal fair “Love Story.” Fashion shows were scheduled for Feb. 27 and 28. More than 50 exhibitors would have displays at the Alderwood Mall’s bridal fair.
By Jack O’Donnell from Herald archives at the Everett Public Library