HANSVILLE — A 38-year-old Suquamish man is reported in serious condition at a Seattle hospital after he was burned when he apparently stumbled into a fire pit.
Kitsap County sheriff’s spokesman Scott Wilson said alcohol was a factor in the accident early Thursday.
Witnesses told deputies there was a Wednesday night gathering with a bonfire at a home in the Hansville area. The man’s companions went to bed but were awakened early Thursday by his cries for help. They pulled him out of the fire’s dying embers.
A fire and rescue spokeswoman said the man was unable to tell medics how he ended up in the fire.