Summer is here, school is out, and the trails are filling. Arlington recreation staff recently offered a review of Centennial Trail etiquette in anticipation of the rush.
– Pets must be on leashes. Limit leash length for the safety of others; and always pick up after pets.
– Use the trail in single file in congested conditions.
– Stay to the right and allow faster trail users to pass safely.
– Always pass on the left.
– Give an audible signal at least two seconds prior to passing.
– Bicyclists should yield to pedestrians and honor a speed limit of 15 mph.
Trail hours are dawn to dusk, unless posted otherwise.
For a complete list, go to http://tinyurl.com/ycg4zjce.