BATTLE GROUND — A southwest Washington teen says spent fireworks were found in the pen where a sheep she was raising for the Clark County Fair was found dead from apparent head trauma.
KGW-TV of Portland reports the pen was also bowed out in several spots. The sheep named Chocolate apparently died after hitting the fence with its head.
Maddie Moore of Battle Ground told KGW she spent $250 of her own money to buy Chocolate and get her ready for the fair. The 15-year-old’s sheep was found dead Friday morning.
A neighbor reported hearing fireworks late Thursday night.
Clark County law enforcement and animal control officials said they don’t have the resources to investigate unless they have more evidence.