VANCOUVER, Wash. — A stomach bug has stricken at least 20 people of the Van Mall Retirement home in Vancouver.
General Manager Bill Hess said gastroenteritis has sickened 10 to 12 employees and 10 residents, including two who were sent to a hospital.
The Clark County health officer, Dr. Alan Melnick, said the home has implemented health department recommendations. They include admitting no new residents, canceling group dining and activities, and frequent cleaning of common areas with bleach.
The home has 205 residents. They are being served meals in their rooms.