Clark County Fire Chief Jon Klassen tells the Las Vegas Review-Journal that crews found flames reaching 100 feet in the air when they arrived at Town Square about 2 a.m. on Christmas morning.
The fire also damaged a 600-square-foot house where children posed for pictures with Santa Claus.
Town Square spokesman Jaimesen Mapes says firefighters were quickly able to extinguish the fire, and nobody was hurt. He says the shopping center had closed about 6 p.m. the day before.
Klassen says it appears faulty wiring in the artificial tree may be to blame.
A damage estimate wasn’t immediately available.