Wife tried 3 times to hit man with SUV and missed, police say

MONROE — If first you don’t succeed, try, try again.

That may be what a Monroe woman was thinking Wednesday evening when she allegedly made at least three attempts to run down her husband using her sport utility vehicle, according to court records.

The woman, 39, called 911 to report she had been assaulted by her husband on their property outside Monroe city limits.

When deputies arrived, they determined that she was the attacker, not the victim, court papers said.

Her husband of 13 years told deputies that the woman intentionally tried to run him over. A second witness backed his account.

The husband said that his wife missed him on her first attempt and struck a wooden post as she tried to turn around.

She then allegedly attempted to drive at him a second time and left the property.

A short time later, she reportedly returned and attempted to drive over a rock pile her husband was standing behind. The SUV became stuck. When she accelerated, rocks flew across the couple’s yard, court papers said.

Deputies found tire tracks over the rock pile and through the front yard.

The woman initially told deputies that she merely was backing up and had not tried to hit her husband.

“I asked her if she tried to run him over and she told me that if she tried she would have hit him,” the deputy wrote in court papers. “Later in the conversation she then told me that she did attempt to run him over with the car.”

The woman was booked into the Snohomish Count Jail for investigation of attempted vehicular assault.

It was not clear from police reports why the woman wanted to run over her husband.

Eric Stevick: 425-339-3446, stevick@heraldnet.com.

More in Local News

Longboarders from near and far hit the trail in Arlington

The Centennial Sk8 Festival was serious competition for some and just for fun for others.

Signs show the rates for using the express toll lanes for traffic headed southbound on Interstate 405, Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2016, in Bothell, Wash. Gov. Jay Inslee announced plans Tuesday to try to decrease congestion on I-405 in answer to commuter complaints that the new express lane tolling system is making traffic worse. The governor said he would not be shutting down the tolling system as some people have called for. But the state transportation department is making plans to add new northbound general purpose lanes to ease some of the congestion and also plan to make it easier to move into and out of the express lanes. (AP Photo/Elaine Thompson)
After a 2-year trial, are I-405’s toll lanes here to stay?

Lawmakers will decide whether to keep them or end the experiment and try something else.

Weary drivers using toll lanes say they have little choice

Congestion continues to be a tedious reality for commuters on I-405, which is as clogged as ever.

Council passes six-month moratorium on safe injection sites

Proposal by County Councilman Nate Nehring passed unanimously.

Terrace woman held following collision in Everett

The three occupants in vehicle were transported to a local hospital in serious condition.

Information sought on drive-by shooting in Everett

Debris from an apparent crash, evidence of gunfire found in the 2800 block of California Street.

Crews recover body of man who fell over Wallace Falls

The area where the man fell is called Sky Valley Lookout, 2.4 miles from the parking lot.

Herald photos of the week

A weekly collection of The Herald’s best images by staff photographers and… Continue reading

This week’s Herald Super Kid is Nathan Nicholson of Snohomish High School. (Dan Bates / The Herald)
‘The future is biotech,’ but for now he’s busy with everything

Snohomish senior Nathan Nicholson is a student leader and media master.

Most Read