Woman suffers smoke inhalation in Monroe house fire

MONROE — A woman suffered minor smoke inhalation Wednesday after a dryer fire spread in a home in the 17500 block of 154th Street SE, Monroe.

The woman, 26, was treated at the scene, city officials said. The fire broke out just before 5 p.m. Damage was described as significant. The American Red Cross was assisting those displaced.

More in Local News

Live in Edmonds? Hate speeders?

Edmonds has $35,000 to address local residents’ concerns about speeding in their… Continue reading

Herald photos of the week

A weekly collection of The Herald’s top images by staff photographers and… Continue reading

Police looking for Lynnwood bank robber

The robber did not flash a weapon to the teller at a U.S. Bank.

Employee threats caused lockdown at Arlington elementary

Arlington Police said all students and staff were.

Sirens! Flashing lights! — Move over!

We are a confident bunch on what to do when we hear… Continue reading

Marysville quits fire-department merger talks

Mayor Jon Nehring notified Arlington of the decision in a letter dated Jan. 10.

Everett marchers: ‘There’s too much to protest’ for one sign

About 150 people joined the “March to Impeach” from the waterfront to a county courthouse rally.

Jayme Biendl, 34, was a correctional officer at the Monroe Correctional Complex in Monroe.
State lawmakers hear testimony on a death-penalty repeal

The voter-approved law has been on the books since 1981. The governor has been issuing reprieves.

Food stuffs for a local chapter of A Simple Gesture at Fitness Evolution, the communal pick-up point, in Arlington on Jan. 12. (Kevin Clark / The Herald)
There’s an easier way to donate to food banks

Grab a green bag, fill it gradually with grocery items — and someone will pick it up from your home.

Most Read