Worker electrocuted at Edmonds construction site

EDMONDS — A 38-year-old man was fatally electrocuted in a construction accident at Swedish/Edmonds hospital on Wednesday afternoon, according to Edmonds police.

The man was working with a compressed air tool in a ditch when the accident happened at 1:50 p.m., Sgt. Josh McClure said.

The crews were part of the hospital expansion project.

The accident knocked out power to about 900 people for about 35 minutes, according to the Snohomish County Public Utility District.

Officials initially said the accident involved a backhoe. The state Department of Labor and Industries also is investigating.

No additional details were released Wednesday.

More in Local News

500 tires go up in flames at a store south of Everett

There were no injuries. And it was nowhere near as bad as that months-long tire fire in 1984.

Inclusion super important to Monroe High senior

Sarah Reeves worked to make homecoming more representative of the student population.

A pot deal between teens leaves them injured, facing charges

Police found out about the incident when both ended up at the same hospital that night.

Funds up for council vote would aid conservation district

District stands to receive an extra $1 million each year, if the County Council gives its approval.

Herald photos of the week

A weekly collection of The Herald’s best images by staff photographers and… Continue reading

Lake Stevens man injured by 50-foot fall near Leavenworth

The rescuers had to tie in to keep from falling due to the steep rugged terrain.

Missing 6-year-old’s body found in trash bin near Lynnwood

Dayvid Pakko was mildly autistic. A suspect in his death is a relative, the sheriff’s office said.

1 shot dead, another wounded in apparent Everett robbery

There are indications the victims might have known the shooter, who apparently fled in a vehicle.

Hiding in plain sight: Burned Everett building had rich past

It was a hotel, boarding house, fraternal lodge, church, dance studio and office furniture store.

Most Read