Mark Carlson, Herald staff
The richest 7 percent of Americans got richer between 2009 and 2011, while average net worth declined for the other 93 percent, a report says.
Obviously, the well-to-do enjoyed a good couple of years. Still, we can only imagine how even greater things would have been without all that socialism from Obama.
Tap this: In an effort to curb distracted driving, traffic safety regulators want automakers to put stronger limits on how long drivers can use in-car touch screens while cars are moving.
With the growing complexity of touch screen systems, The Buzz awaits the day when we’ll have to stop the car in order to turn up the heat or turn off NPR during pledge drives.
Green fleet: The state will convert the ferry Hyak to a hybrid propulsion system that runs on batteries part of the time.
Just like a Prius automobile, the Hyak wheelhouse will be equipped with touch-screen unit that displays pertinent information, such as the condition of the batteries, a bar graph of fuel efficiency, and how much less this vessel would have cost taxpayers if it had been built in another state.