Local Columnist | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425-339-3460
Here’s an idea, millennials. What if we switch? You take the too-big houses. We boomers are about ready for cool urban apartments.You take our overstuffed basements and extra bedrooms, where you’ve left us with your old bicycles, school projects and prom dresses. We’ll do a downsize shuffle, shedding stuff for the cultural rewards of urban life.A swap was my first thought when I read about young city dwellers heading with their kids to the suburbs.
Until several weeks ago, Michael Reagan had never heard of Citizen Honors, awards presented by the Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation. After a whirlwind trip to Washington, D.C., and Arlington National Cemetery last week, he is home in Edmonds as a 2015 honoree.
All are welcome at a Community Day on Saturday hosted by local followers of Islam. An organizer of the event at Harbour Pointe Middle School sees it as an important step toward building a mosque in Mukilteo.
- Boys & Girls Clubs opens door for kids in Brewster March 25
- Darrington honors longtime librarian taken by the Oso mudslide March 22
- An authentic, historic Everett is worth another look March 20
- New incentive for peeling those pesky stickers off fruit March 15
- Reclaiming Futures: A celebration of second chances March 13
- County official offers assurance of kids' safety at Denney March 11
- Ride Community Transit Sundays and holidays, pay a little more March 8
- Survey hopes to discern issues important to seniors, disabled March 6
- Former EvCC director keeps an eye on women's rights March 4
- No more dawdling: A decision on Paine Field flights is needed February 27