Local Columnist | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425-339-3460
EVERETT — The afternoon was golden. Guests didn't wait for drinks to be poured at the Hilsons' backyard party Saturday. Fresh-pressed apple cider was flowing. One only needed to hold out a cup.
An apple-pressing party is an autumnal rite for Jerry and Helga Hilson, whose home in the Boulevard Bluffs neighborhood includes a carefully tended orchard.
In the early 1800s, when most apples were used for hard cider, John Chapman changed the landscape of the...
"Hot Rod High School" sounds like a retro movie title, but at Meadowdale High it's the name of an advanced automotive class. With a $55,000 grant to buy and complete six Model T Deluxe Roadster kit cars, it's been called "the greatest auto class of all time."
“Selma” is more than a movie. It’s more than a history lesson. The film is an unflinching look at the price people paid — in this country and in my lifetime — to exercise their right to vote. Seeing the courage that required in the ugly face of racism and brutality, it’s baffling why more of us don’t vote today.
- Marching to the Husky band beat September 30
- Everett High grad, first lady both passionate about Let’s Move! exercise initiative September 23
- Bittersweet tales of childhood reap grand rewards September 20
- What’s not to ‘like’? There’s plenty on Facebook September 18
- North Everett, south Everett — is there a cultural divide? September 16
- Day of Caring: ‘Every day is a good day to give back’ September 13
- Mill Creek swimmer triumphs over English Channel September 11
- Family who fled Saigon reunites with man who welcomed them to U.S. September 9
- Painter Elizabeth Webber leaves a legacy of faith, courage and art September 4
- United Way honors Everett volunteer with Roger Bouck Award September 2