By Aaron Lommers Herald Writer
1.Colorado Mammoth (5-0), They didn’t play last weekend, which means they didn’t lose. The undefeated Mammoth have remain on top, but should get a challenge this weekend when they travel to Minnesota to face the Swarm.
2. Minnesota Swarm (3-2), Talk about making a big jump, with victories over Edmonton and Rochester, the Swarm move from last to second this week. Just goes to show you how good this league is from top to bottom.
3. Toronto Rock (3-2), The Rock had the weekend off, but will face a challenge this weekend with they face Philadelphia in a battle for first place in the East Division.
4. Calgary Roughnecks (3-2), Not sure what to make of the Roughnecks 12-11 victory over the Stealth last Friday. It seemed in the first quarter that both teams wanted to fight more than they wanted to play lacrosse, but when things got down to business, it turned out to be a very good lacrosse game. Hats off to the Roughnecks for getting the job done on the road.
5. Philadelphia Wings (3-2), Those twitter jersey’s were pretty cool, but even cooler for the Wings was their 14-13 victory over Buffalo. The Bandits may be reeling right now, but they are no slouch. The Wings are proving that they are right in the mix with the better teams in the league.
6. Rochester Knighthawks (2-4), The Knighthawks only scored six goals in their loss to Philadelphia. We will see if things get any better for them this week when the one-win Stealth come to town.
7. Buffalo Bandits (2-5), Like the Stealth, the Bandits have a lot of talent., but haven’t been able to put it together recently, losing four straight. The Bandits need to right the ship because right now it is sinking fast.
8. Edmonton Rush (1-3), Interesting and telling that the two teams who just made the blockbuster trade are at the bottom of the rankings. Truth is though, the trade was good for the Rush. They get one of the best transition players in the game for a guy who wasn’t even playing right now. Adding Paul Rabil could give this team the spark it needs.
9. Washington Stealth (1-4), The trade also helps the Stealth, who’s offense has struggled to score goals this season. Athan Iannucci will step in and play right away and should give the offense quite a lift. Chris Hall is also returning soon which should provide an emotional lift and right now this team needs all the spark it can get.