By Aaron Lommers Herald Writer
1. Washington Stealth (2-0), I could be drinking the Kool-Aid on the Stealth after just two games, but the way they dominated the game against Colorado on the road this past weekend proved to me that they are once again a championship contender. As just one of two teams in the league that are 2-0 I felt justified giving them the top spot — at least for now.
2. Philadelphia Wings (1-0), The Wings opened the season with a convincing 13-8 victory over Buffalo, so I feel pretty confident in my preseason pick to win it all right now.
3. Toronto Rock (2-0), The Rock seem to find a way to be one of the best teams in the league every year and with a 2-0 start to this season they look to be one of the teams to beat in the East.
4. Rochester Knighthawks (0-1), The Knighthawks didn’t play last week and have just the one-goal loss to the Stealth on their record right now. This is a good team that will rebound when they hit the floor againt.
5. Buffalo Bandits (1-1), One of just four teams in the league that has a victory right now puts them at fifth, but as soon as some of these teams start playing more games my feeling is they won’t be ranked quite so high.
6. Calgary Roughnecks (0-1), The Roughnecks suffered a two-goal loss to the Bandits for a disappointing start to the season, but they still have one of the most talented teams in the league.
7. Edmonton Rush (0-1), Tough one-goal loss to start the season, but the Rush should get back on track, though they have a tough game this weekend coming to Everett to play the undefeated Stealth.
8. Colorado Mammoth (0-1), On paper, the Mammoth have one of the more talented teams in the league, but they were embarrassed on their home floor last weekend by Washington.
9. MInnesota Swarm (0-1), The young Swarm lost their opener to Buffalo by one goal.