Eds. note: The Herald’s Basketball Player of the Week is tallied by combining the winner of the fan voting along with votes by Herald staffers who attended games last week. Voting ends at 9 p.m. Monday night. Here’s a look at the nominees:
• Mountlake Terrace’s Greg Bowman scored 16 points and collected 15 rebounds in a win over Oak Harbor and had six points in a win over Marysville Getchell as the Hawks advanced to the 3A District 1 championship game.
• Arlington’s Terry Dawn scored 20 points in a win over Mariner and had 11 in a victory over Edmonds-Woodway as the Eagles advanced to the 4A District 1 championship game.
• Shorewood’s Josh Hawkinson scored 32 points in a win over Marysville Getchell in a loser-out game in the 3A District 1 tournament to keep the Thunderbirds’ season alive after missing the first-round game due to illness.
• Mount Vernon’s Kevin Hofstad scored 26 points as the Bulldogs to beat Kamiak in the first round of the 4A District 1 tournament.
• Grace Academy’s Jeremiah Lee scored 15 points in a win over Shoreline Christian to take fifth place in the 1B District 1 tournament. Lee also had 14 points in a win over Highland Christian.
• Lake Stevens’ Moussa Sanoh scored 16 points and played solid defense on Kamiak’s Imaan Vicente as the Vikings beat the Knights in the 4A District 1 tournament loser-out game.
• Cedar Park Christian-MLT’s Daniel Schettler scored 22 points in a win over Tulalip Heritage as the Lions advanced to the 1B District 1 championship game.
• King’s Caleb Taylor scored 23 and 18 points in wins over Friday Harbor and Mount Baker, respectively, in the first two games of the 1A District 1 tournament. Taylor also had 17 points in a loss to Lynden Christian as the Knights took second place.
• Jackson’s Jason Todd scored 21 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and dished out four assists as the Timberwolves dismantled Lake Stevens in a first round game of the 4A District 1 tournament. Todd also had 19 points as the Timberwolves advanced to the tourney championship game.
• Stanwood’s Ian Zipp scored eight of his 14 points in a key second-quarter surge as the Spartans beat Shorecrest and had 16 points off the bench in a come-from-behind win over Glacier Peak as Stanwood advanced to the 3A District 1 championship game.