Eds. note: The Herald’s Basketball Player of the Week is tallied by combining the winner of the fan voting along with votes by Herald staffers who attended games last week. Voting ends at 9 p.m. Monday night. Here’s a look at the nominees:
• Archbishop Murphy’s Zander Clouse scored 18 points in a win over Sultan and 12 in a win over South Whidbey as the Wildcats nailed down the Cascade Conference No. 2 seed.
• Meadowdale’s Collin Costello scored 21 points as the Mavs beat Marysville Getchell for their second league victory.
• Cedar Park Christian-Mountlake Terrace’s Terry Eun scored 33 points in a win over Mount Vernon Christian and had 12 in a loss to Friday Harbor as the Lions locked up the district No. 2 seed.
• Mountlake Terrace’s Blake Fernandez scored 13 points and was a key part of the Hawks’ strong defensive effort as Terrace beat Glacier Peak to lock down the 3A South title. Fernandez also had nine points in a win over Shorecrest.
• Cascade’s Steven Gallardo scored 19 points as the Bruins beat Lynnwood for their first league win of the season.
• Arlington’s Noah Jones scored 19 points in a win over Mount Vernon as the Eagles finished the league season unbeaten against Wesco North teams. Jones also had six points in a win over Snohomish.
• Monroe’s Riley Schelfout scored 18 points to lead the Bearcats past Lake Stevens in a key Wesco 4A North game that gave Monroe the league’s No. 3 seed.
• Edmonds-Woodway’s Jason Smarr scored 18 points, 10 of them in overtime, as the Warriors beat Kamiak and had 18 in a win over Cascade as E-W locked down the 4A South No. 2 seed.
• Cedarcrest’s Zach Taylor scored 29 points in a win over Lakewood that helped him eclipse the 1,500-point mark for his high school career.
• Stanwood’s Josh Thayer scored 15 points and played strong defense as the Spartans held on to beat Shorewood in a Wesco crossover game. The Stanwood guard also had eight points in a win over Everett.
• Jackson’s Jason Todd had 28 points, 13 rebounds and six steals in a win over Kamiak and had 18 points and four 3-pointers in a win over Mariner as the Timberwolves remained unbeaten.