Eds. note: The Herald’s Basketball Player of the Week is tallied by combining the winner of the fan voting along with votes by Herald staffers who attended games last week. Voting ends at 9 p.m. Monday night.
Here’s a look at the nominees:
• Mountlake Terrace’s Marquis Armstead scored nine of his 17 points in the fourth quarter of the Hawks’ comeback win over Stanwood. He also had 16 points in a win over Marysville Getchell.
• Shorewood’s Josh Hawkinson scored 34 points in an overtime win over Oak Harbor and 33 in win over Marysville Getchell as the Thunderbirds remained in a tie for first place in Wesco 3A South with Mountlake Terrace.
• Tulalip Heritage’s DJ Kidd scored 19 points in a win over Grace Academy and had 12 in a win over first-place Lummi.
• Mount Vernon’s Casey Leek scored 22 points in a win over Lynnwood and 11 in a win over Cascade and had 13 in a loss to Mariner as the Bulldogs went 2-1 in a three-game week of Wesco 4A crossover games.
• Stanwood’s Cannen Roberson scored 10 of his 19 points in a key third quarter of the Spartans’ win over Glacier Peak and had 13 in a loss to Mountlake Terrace.
• Lake Stevens’ Devin Stoen scored 16 points, including the game-winning basket, in a win over Mariner and also scored 20 points in both a win over Lynnwood and a loss to Kamiak.
• Jackson’s Jason Todd scored 24 points, grabbed 13 rebounds and had four assists in a win over Arlington, a game featuring the best North and South teams from Wesco 4A. He also scored 10 in a win over Snohomish earlier in the week.
• Mariner’s Bayek Tutlam averaged nearly 20 points per game as the Marauders went 2-1 in a three-game week of Wesco 4A crossover games.
• Sultan’s Brock VandenEkart scored 16 points in both Turks’ wins over Granite Falls and Archbishop Murphy as Sultan moved into third place in the Cascade Conference. VandenEkart also scored 34 in a loss to Sammamish.
• Kamiak’s Josh Wisnubroto scored 16 and 10 points in wins over Snohomish and Lake Stevens, respectively, as the Knights went 2-0 in Wesco 4A crossover games.