Eds. note: The Herald’s Basketball Player of the Week is tallied by combining the winner of the fan voting along with votes by Herald staffers who attended games last week. Voting ends at 9 p.m. tonight.
Here’s a look at the nominees:
• Bayek Tutlam, Mariner: The Marauders forward scored 22 points in a win over Everett and averaged 17 points per game as Mariner opened the season 3-0.
• Terry Dawn, Arlington: The Eagles wing scored 27 in a nonleague win over Marysville Getchell and added 16 and 15 in wins over Marysville Pilchuck and Everett, respectively, as Arlington opened the season 3-0.
• Drew Sears, Stanwood: The Spartans 6-foot-10 post scored 14 points and blocked six shots in a season-opening victory over Mount Vernon. He also had 16 points in a win over Mountain View and 15 in a loss to Union.
• Greg Bowman, Mountlake Terrace: The Hawks post scored 22 and 20 in wins over Edmonds School District rivals Edmonds-Woodway and Lynnwood, respectively, and 10 in a win over Eastlake.
• Jason Todd, Jackson: The Timberwolves forward scored a game-high 22 points in a big early season win over Glacier Peak and had 17 in a season-opening win over Redmond.
• Zach Pederson, Glacier Peak: The Grizzlies post averaged 16 points per game in a pair of games this week.