Eds. note: The Herald’s Football Player of the Week is tallied by combining the winner of the fan voting along with votes by Herald staffers who attended games on Friday night.
Voting closes at Monday at 4 p.m.:
• King’s quarterback Billy Green completed 20-of-30 passes for 232 yards and two touchdowns and ran the ball 14 times for 72 yards and two more touchdowns to lead the Knights over Hoquiam 28-13 in the first round of the 1A state tournament.
• Lakewood senior running back/wide receiver/quarterback Justin Peterson had 90 yards receiving and two touchdowns to go along with 39 rushing yards and a touchdown for the Cougars in their 47-36 first-round loss to Capital in the 2A state tournament.
• Jackson’s Trey Robinson caught eight passes for 153 yards and two touchdowns for the Timberwolves in their 42-28 4A state first-round loss to Roosevelt.
• Archbishop Murphy’s Alex Galgano ran for exactly 300 yards and four touchdowns on 20 carries as the Wildcats cruised to a 45-21 win over Bremerton in the first round of the 2A state tournament.
• Marysville Pilchuck wide receiver/defensive back Kyle Nobach had three interceptions, including one late in the game, to preserve the Tomahawks’ 33-21 first-round win over Timberline in the 4A state tournament. Nobach also had a 55-yard touchdown reception on offense.