Eds. note: The Herald’s Basketball Player of the Week is tallied by combining the winner of the fan voting along with votes by Herald staffers who attended games last week. Voting ends at 9 p.m. Monday night. Here’s a look at the nominees:
• Stanwood’s Lauren Allison scored 18 points in a win over Meadowdale as the Spartans advanced to the 3A District 1 semifinals. Allison also scored 12 points in a loss to Everett.
• Tulalip Heritage’s Katia Brown scored 15 points and hit three free throws late in the game to secure a win over Shoreline Christian and had 13 points and hit more free throws late as the Hawks beat Mount Vernon Christian to win the 1B District 1 championship.
• Arlington’s Lindsay Brown scored 11 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in a win over Kamiak and had six points in a win over Snohomish as the Eagles advanced to the 4A District 1 championship game.
• Archbishop Murphy’s Beth Carlson scored 20 points and had 19 rebounds as the Wildcats beat Lynden in a 2A District 1/2 first-round game.
• Glacier Peak’s Sadie Mensing scored 13 points in a win over Marysville Pilchuck and had four points, five rebounds and three steals in the Grizzlies’ win over Ferndale to advance to the 3A District 1 championship game.
• Lake Stevens’ Brooke Pahukoa scored 24 points in a win over Edmonds-Woodway as the Vikings advanced to the 4A District 1 semifinals.
• King’s Anna Parker scored seven points and hit the game-winning shot as the Knights beat Blaine and had 15 points in a win over Friday Harbor as King’s advanced to the 1A District 1 championship game.
• Lynnwood’s Mikayla Pivec scored 18 points and had 10 rebounds as the Royals beat Lake Stevens to advance to the 4A District 1 championship game. Pivec also had six points in a first-round win over Monroe.
• Everett’s Sidney Rielly scored 26 points in a win over Shorewood and had 25 in a victory over Stanwood as the Seagulls advanced to the 3A District 1 championship game.
• Snohomish freshman Madeline Smith scored nine points, grabbed 13 rebounds and had four blocked shots as the Panthers beat Jackson in a 4A District 1 first-round game.