Eds. note: The Herald’s Basketball Player of the Week is tallied by combining the winner of the fan voting along with votes by Herald staffers who attended games last week. Voting ends at 9 p.m. Monday night.
Here’s a look at the nominees:
• Meadowdale’s Mackenzie Bretz scored 20 points in a win over Mountlake Terrace and has nine points in a loss to Stanwood as Meadowdale remained in third place in the Wesco 3A South standings.
• Lakewood’s Reille Jones hit the go-ahead free throw with 1.8 seconds remaining to give the Cougars a win over Coupeville. She also scored a team-high 11 points in a win over Granite Falls as Lakewood went 2-0 last week.
• Snohomish’s Ellie Otteson scored 14 points in a win over Cascade and had six in a win over Mount Vernon as the Panthers went 2-0 last week despite the absence of junior forward Callie Harwood.
• Lynnwood’s Mikayla Pivec scored seven points, grabbed 10 rebounds and had eight blocked shots as the Royals beat Arlington in a matchup of Wesco’s best. Pivec also had six points in a win over Kamiak.
• Archbishop Murphy’s Madison Pollock scored a game-high 22 points in a win over King’s and had eight points in a win over Granite Falls as the Wildcats remained in first place in the Cascade Conference.
• Shorewood’s Masha Shtikel scored a game-high 27 points in a win over Marysville Pilchuck and had 20 in a win over rival Shorecrest as the Thunderbirds remained in first place in the 3A South.
• Darrington’s Jordyn Stafford scored 12 and eight points in wins over Shoreline Christian and La Conner, respectively, as the Loggers remained unbeaten in NW 1A/2B/1B play.
• Stanwood’s Rachel Swartz scored 10 points, had four assists and four steals in a win over Meadowdale and also had 14 and 10 points in wins over Oak Harbor and Arlington, respectively, as the Spartans went 3-0 and locked up a 3A North title.