Eds. note: The Herald’s Basketball Player of the Week is tallied by combining the winner of the fan voting along with votes by Herald staffers who attended games last week. Voting ends at 9 p.m. tonight.
Here’s a look at the nominees:
• Jasmin Edwards, Lynnwood: The Royals guard scored 26 points in a win over Mountlake Terrace and 16 in a win over Meadowdale as Lynnwood started the season 2-0.
• Lindsay Brown, Arlington: The Eagles senior scored 21 in a win over rival Stanwood and had 11 in a win over Marysville Pilchuck as Arlington started the season 2-0.
• Sidney Rielly, Everett: The Seagulls junior scored 31 in a win over Mariner and had 20 in a win over Cascade as Everett swept its Everett rivals to open the season 2-0.
• Amy Miles, Darrington: The Loggers guard scored 22 in a season-opening win over Shorewood Christian.
• Kalee Fowler, Cedarcrest: The Red Wolves player averaged 15 points per game in three wins over Squalicum, Interlake and Mt. Si.