The world’s best
Here are some of the best-known and most accomplished international athletes scheduled to compete at the Kellogg’s Pacific Rim Championships:
• Lauren Mitchell, Australia: 2010 World floor exercise champion; 2008 Olympian.
• Emily Little, Australia: 2010-11 World team member.
• Christine Lee, Canada: 2010 World team member.
• Kristina Vaculik, Canada: 2007, 2010-11 World team member; 2011 Pan Am Games team and beam silver medalist, all-around bronze medalist; 2010 Pacific Rim floor bronze medalist; 2008 Pacific Rim team and bars silver medalist.
• Tan Sixin, China: 2011 World team bronze medalist.
• Joshua Jefferis, Australia: Six-time World team member (2003, 2005-07, 2010-11); 2010 Commonwealth Games team gold medalist and all-around bronze medalist.
• Thomas Pichler, Australia: Five-time World team member (2005-07; 2010-11).
• Samuel Offord, Australia: Six-time World team member (2005-07, 2009-11); 2010 Pacific Rim all-around silver medalist and still rings gold medalist.
• Takuya Nakase, Japan: 2008 Olympian (fifth place in the high bar); three-time World team member (2006-07, 2009).
• Koji Uematsu, Japan: 2010 World team silver medalist.
• Tatsuki Nakashima, Japan: 2010 World team silver medalist.
Source: USA Gymnastics