Citizens Academy postponed
The Mountlake Terrace Police Department has postponed its 12-week Police Citizens Academy that was scheduled to begin April 12. The city will continue to accept applications and reschedule the program for September or October, if there is sufficient enrollment. More information is at www.cityofmlt.com.
• GolfTEC plans a grand opening April 21-22 for its latest practice and training facility at 3225 Alderwood Mall Blvd., Suite G, Lynnwood. Coaches Lyndon Bystrom and David McMillon will offer swing diagnosis, tours, competitions and prizes. More information is at www.golftec.com/seattle.
• The Lynnwood Chamber of Commerce hosts its After Hours social hour from 5-6:30 p.m. April 19 at Sterling Savings Bank, 19230 Alderwood Mall Parkway, Lynnwood. For details call Jim Smith at 425-218-2150.
• Everett dentist Colleen Tracy invites local kids to share an essay about a good deed they’ve performed as part of a contest to win a computer. More info: http://tinyurl.com/dentistcontest.
• The Economic Alliance Snohomish County invites local businesses to the “Good Morning, Snohomish County!” networking event April 13 at the Everett Golf and Country Club, 1500 52nd St., Everett. More info: www.economicalliancesc.com.
New look for Sno-Isle Libraries website
Sno-Isle Libraries has a redesigned website, www.sno-isle.org, featuring a new, contemporary logo.
The homepage changes are designed to make it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for and highlight resources they may not know about.
The updated logo was re-designed in-house with assistance from out-of-house designers at an expense of less than $3,000.
Military kids book list
Because April is the month of the Military Child, Sno-Isle Libraries put together a special book list with a military theme. Find the list at www.sno-isle.org/?ID=2631&lid=470.
• The Edmonds City Council seeks applicants for the Economic Development Commission, which works with the Planning Board to review and consider economic development strategies and revenues. Meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month. More information and applications are at www.edmondswa.gov or at City Hall, 121 Fifth Ave. N. Deadline is 4:30 p.m. April 24.
• The Snohomish County Republican Women’s Club canceled its meeting planned for April 12 that was to feature guest speaker Joseph Backholm of the Family Policy Institute of Washington.