Safety Watch

  • Tue Jul 3rd, 2012 6:24pm

Three incidents involve boat motors

Police in Edmonds and Lynnwood last week responded to three incidents involving boat motors.

A boat motor was reported stolen June 26 from the driveway of a home on Ninth Avenue S in Edmonds.

The following day, a caller reported that someone was trying to steal the motor from a boat parked in the driveway of a home on Pine Street, according to police records.

Lynnwood police on June 27 also received a report of a stolen boat motor from a home near Spruce Park.

Boat motor thefts aren’t common, Edmonds police Sgt. Mike Blackburn said.

“They have serial numbers, so they wouldn’t be easy to sell,” he said.


June 23: Incident. 21900 of 82nd Place W. Two drivers argued over dinging each other’s cars. At one point, the suspect assaulted the victim and bent the antenna on his vehicle. The suspect also lunged his car at another victim, scaring her and making her think he’d run her over. He was arrested and booked into the Snohomish County Jail.

June 25: Arson. 19800 block of 88th Avenue W. Three mailboxes were blown up sometime during the night.


June 25: Burglary. A commercial burglary was reported at a car dealership on Highway 99. The building was not being used, and the officer found some windows broken out and red and green graffiti spray-painted on the property. The officer contacted the owner of the property.

June 25: Burglary. 4800 block of 200th Street SW. A burglary was reported at a residence. Items reported stolen included some marijuana and a marijuana pipe, a TV set, video games, a laptop and other electronics.

June 25: Car theft. 20700 block of Highway 99. A 2003 green Kia Spectra was reported stolen.

June 27: Assault. 4900 block of 196th Street SW. A 30-year-old man was arrested for assault.


June 25: Verbal domestic. 22000 block of 40th Place W. The homeowner told officers he was upset because the man who’d been staying at his house invited a woman over, which was against the rules.

June 27, Incident. Several customers at the QFC and the Albertsons grocery stores complained that petition gatherers were too pushy.