- Back again this year, another brain teaser-
Creating St. Patrick day traditions and probing fun at your leisure.
Pay heed to the clues over the upcoming days,
Keep in mind that the order may evoke quite a daze.
Let’s start it off easy, a softball of a clue:
Last year we loved Cedars and this year we do too!
- If you follow the clues for St. Patrick’s week fun,
It will get you off the couch and out in the sun.
Our limericks will rhyme, so let it be said:
The Pot of Gold must be hidden within where the Herald is read!
- Keep close this one for later, if the prize is to be found,
Not quite the same as last year- so keep your eyes off the ground!
- As you are off on your journey, also explore the rules and you’ll find:
We are limited by risk, so keep that in mind!
- A proud son of the city who continued to serve- although early in the game might you try, A war hero who himself attended Everett High!
What? Of no help? Too broad is this one?
Perhaps it may help if you search World War One!
- If clue number 5 doesn’t provide the detail you demand,
Add to it a John Wayne flick, titled simply ‘The Quiet Man’
- As this mystery unfolds- Irish themed is intended,
Think traditional sport where the rules have been blended.
Yes, there are links- but different tools does the bag contain,
Not Calloway or Titleist, but saucers and chains!
- ‘Find the POT OF GOLD’ clues will be published in The Daily Herald beginning Saturday, March 9th, 2019. A new clue will be published each day through Sunday, March 17th, 2019 unless the ‘POT OF GOLD’ is found before that date.
- Must be 18 years or older to win.
- The finder of the Daily Herald POT OF GOLD’ must bring it to Shawn O’Donnell’s American Grill and Irish Pub, 122 128th St, Everett, during the hours of Saturday Sunday 8am to 8pm to qualify for the prize of: a $500 gift certificate from Shawn O’Donnell’s and $500 gift certificate from Dwayne Lane’s Auto Centers.
- The Daily Herald’s ‘POT OF GOLD’ must be in good condition when returned to Shawn O’Donnell’s.
- By returning The Daily Herald ‘POT OF GOLD’ and claiming the prize, the participant understands and agrees that The Daily Herald will use his/her name and picture in advertisements.
- Winner is responsible for all applicable state and federal taxes.
- If The Daily Herald ‘POT OF GOLD’ is not found by 11:59 pm, March 17th, 2019, The Daily Herald reserves the right to terminate the hunt.
- The Daily Herald ‘POT OF GOLD’ is hidden on public land, within The Daily Herald’s circulation area, but not on a golf course, school or in any municipal or government building.
- The Daily Herald reserves the right to discontinue The Daily Herald ‘POT OF GOLD’ Hunt at any time if public or private property is destroyed.
- No purchase necessary to win. Daily clues will be available for review in the office of The Daily Herald beginning at 10am on Monday, March 11th. Clues will be posted online at www.heraldnet.com by noon daily for review. All contest rules and decisions are final. Employees and immediate family members of The Daily Herald, Shawn O’Donnell’s American Grill and Irish Pub and Dwayne Lane’s Auto Centers are ineligible. The Daily Herald’s independent contractors and their immediate family members are not eligible. A copy of these rules will remain posted in the lobby of The Daily Herald located at 1800 41st St, Everett, WA and online at www.heraldnet.com.
- No purchase necessary to enter. This contest is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older except employees of The Daily Herald, Shawn O’Donnell’s American Grill and Irish Pub and Dwayne Lane’s Auto Centers or affiliated businesses and their immediate families. The term “immediate families” includes parents, spouses, children (married or not) and their spouses. All winners will be required to execute a statement of eligibility, release of liability and a publicity release. Failure to do so will render a contest participant ineligible to receive a prize.