Here are five tips to help you have more fun at your own party.
1. Invite a guest who intimidates you. You’ll feel a little charge all night that will keep you on your toes.
2. Pick a main dish and don’t be afraid to repeat it. Make that dish your signature.
3. We are over wine. We don’t want to see it anymore. Cocktails all the way. (Find some recipes for summer cocktails.)
4. Turn down the lights. We would rather sit in a cave with headlamps on than under Klieg lights at your dining room table.
5. Go barefoot. Try it once, and get back to us if you don’t agree.