A Chef’s Kitchen: Classes with professional chefs, private setting, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted; $55, registration required; 206-406-1517, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Easy meals, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. April 3; $55, $50 for wine club members. Menu: risotto with lemon shrimp, roasted garlic and goat cheese, chicken with asiago, prosciutto and sage, seasonal vegetables and olive oil cake.
Cooking Wheatless Culinary Studio: www.cookingwheatless.com or e-mail email@example.com to register or to get driving instructions.
* Gluten-free baking classes,10 a.m. to noon April 14, $40. Make angel food cake, rich banana nut bread, crusty olive-lemon Italian bread, and sorghum and almond-milk breakfast biscuits; register at www.cookingwheatless.com. Culinary Arts Society: Meetings 6:30 p.m. second Wednesdays, Camano Community Center, 606 Arrowhead Road, Camano Island; 360-387-0222. Membership $10/year; members must enter 3 dishes a year.
J. Matheson Kitchen &Gourmet: 2609 Colby Ave., Everett; 425-258-4589, www.jmatheson.com. Registration required.
* Seafood for healthy living, 6 to 8 p.m. March 28, $45.
* Appetizers with Pizzazz: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. April 14, $$37.50, retired teacher Kay Bishop will share appetizers suitable for home or cocktail parties; the menu covers baked almond brie, three varieties of stuff mushrooms, miniature meat turnovers and vegetarian turnovers.
* The Herb Farm secrets, 1 to 3:30 p.m. April 28, $67.50. Menu: Asparagus lemon thyme soup, herb fettuccine, roasted halibut with carrots, rhubarb mint cobbler.
Pacific Culinary Studio: Pacific Culinary Studio, 6915 Evergreen Way, Everett, 425-231-9239, www.pacificculinarystudio.com.
* Cooking from the Spanish pantry, 5 to 7 p.m. April 14, $45.
* Springtime great grains and pasta, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. April 18, $25.
* Old Italy: Sfogliata, timpano torta, calzone and pizza, 6:30 to 9 p.m. April 19, $55, hands-on class, limited to 16.
*Specialty desserts, 5 to 7 p.m. April 21, $38.
Pita King Bakery: 2210 37th St., Everett; 425-258-4040, www.pitakingbakery.com. Traditional Lebanese cooking classes taught by Connie Eden, with recipes, demonstrations and hands-on experience. Call to register.
* Tabooli and hummus, 6:30 p.m. April 2, $20.
Resident Cheesemonger: 405 Main St., Edmonds; 425-640-8949; www.residentcheesemonger.com. Cheese tastings, noon to 4 p.m. Saturdays. Cheese classes, 6 to 7:30 p.m. third Thursdays, free.
Sweet Basil’s in Edmonds: Reservations required for all classes. Unless otherwise noted, classes take place 7 to 9 p.m. Sweet Basil’s School of Cooking, 5820 156th St. SW, Edmonds; 425-743-7438.
*Date night, 7 to 9 p.m. April 12, $42.50. Menu: Seared scallops with cream sauce on spinach; asiago, prosciutto and sage chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, caramel tart.
*Spring fling, 7 to 9 p.m. April 19, $42.50. Menu: Risotto primavera with spring vegetables, salmon with dill sauce, sour cream and thyme rolls, rhubarb compote.
*Cinco de Mayo, 7 to 9 p.m. April 26, $39.50. Menu: Margaritas with melted cheese in tequila, chicken enchiladas verde, pork carnitas, black bean salsa, cilantro rice, margarita cake.
To have your cooking class or food event published, send it to Food Calendar, The Herald Features Department, P.O. Box 930, Everett, WA 98206, or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.