Central Market: The culinary education department offers free cooking classes each Thursday. Sign up on the clipboard at the kiosk in the produce department. 15505 Westminster Way, Shoreline; 206-363-9226.
A Chef’s Kitchen: Cooking classes with professional chefs in a private setting, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted; $55, registration required; 206-406-1517, e-mail email@example.com.
* Children’s cooking class with Debbie Bodal, for kids ages 9 through 15, 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday.
* Indonesian with Nuryati Dudley, March 9, $55.
* Thai cooking with Pranee Halverson, March 13, $45.
* Healthy eating with Birgitte Antonsen, March 23, $55.
* Cinco de Mayo with Doug Nishimura, May 5, $55.
* Mother’s Day-themed children’s cooking class with Debbie Bodal, for kids ages 8 through 15, 1 to 4 p.m. May 6, $45.
* Barbecue, May 15, $55.
Cooking at Columbia Winery: Sweet Basil’s School of Cooking presents a series of dinners from 7 to 9 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month. Dinners include recipes, demonstrations and wine tasting. $40. Registration required; 425-482-7348; www.columbiawinery.com.
* Cajun seafood gumbo, March 7.
* Springtime in Provence, April 4.
* A Mother’s Day menu, May 2.
* Summertime picnic ideas, June 6.
* Ribs on the grill, July 11.
* Italian cooking, Aug. 1.
* Contemporary Southwest, Sept. 12.
* Fall fantasy, Oct. 3.
* Cooking with wild mushrooms, Nov. 7.
* Holiday entertaining with appetizers, Dec. 5 and 7.
Edmonds Community College: Classes and free art exhibit sponsored by ArtsNow.
* Art of food styling for commercial photography class with food stylist Lisa Golden Schroeder, noon to 4 p.m. March 9 and 10, $119. Registration required; 425-640-1243, www.edcc.edu/artsnow.
* “The Art of Food Photography: Fifty Years of Fabulous Food from the International Association of Culinary Professionals,” 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays during March at the Edmonds Conference Center, 410 Fourth Ave. W., Edmonds. Edmonds Art Walk reception, 5 to 8 p.m. March 16.
Ethnic cooking classes: Held 5 to 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday, registration required, $5 suggested donation. Grandview Community Center, 716 Linden, Everett; 425-252-6672, www.tiasc.com.
Haggen Food &Pharmacy: Offers cooking demonstrations at various locations, registration recommended. Locations: Marysville, 3711 88th St. NE; Stanwood, 26603 72nd Ave. NW; Ferndale, 1815 Main St.; Mount Vernon, 2601 E. Division.
* Whole grains according to revised dietary guidelines with James Valentine of WellAware Cooking School, 1 and 2:30 p.m. March 16.
* Vegetarian dishes with local spring herbs with James Valentine of WellAware Cooking School, 1 and 2:30 p.m. April 13.
J. Matheson Kitchen &Gourmet: 2609 Colby Ave., Everett; 425-258-4589. Registration recommended.
* Cooking under pressure, Annie Lyman, 6 to 8 p.m. March 23, $30.
* Complete French meal, Kathryn Marden, 2 to 4 p.m. March 25, $40.
* Biscotti, scones, tea sandwiches, Ron Bryan, 10 a.m. to noon April 1, $25.
* Easter brunch, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. April 8, $30.
The Kitchen Door: Registration required. Classes at Deer Lagoon Grange Hall, 5147 Bayview Road, Langley; 360-730-2322, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thekitchendoor.net.