Central Market: The culinary education department offers free cooking classes each Thursday. Sign up on the clipboard at the kiosk located in the produce department. 15505 Westminster Way, Shoreline; 206-363-9226.
Cooking at Columbia Winery: Sweet Basil’s School of Cooking presents a series of wine dinners from 7 to 9 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month in the Woodburne Room at Columbia Winery, 14030 NE 145 St., Woodinville. Dinners include recipes, demonstrations and wine tasting. Registration required; 425-482-7348; www.columbiawinery.com/ pressevents/default.asp
Digging for dinner: Join Beach Watchers’ Eugene Thrasher and learn how to dig clams, 10 a.m. Aug. 4, 11 a.m. Aug. 18. Bring a license, appropriate clothes, tools and a bucket; 360-679-7391.
Ethnic cooking classes: Held 5 to 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday, registration required. Grandview Community Center, 716 Linden, Everett; 425-252-6672, www.tiasc.com.
Everett Community College: 2000 Tower St., Everett; 425-267-0150.
* Around the world in a tea cup, a tea tasting class taught by Susan Springer, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 4.
Pacific Culinary Studio: Pacific Culinary Studio, 6915 Evergreen Way, Everett, 425-231-9239 or www.pacificculinarystudio.com.
* Sushi rolls made easy, hands on, Seppo Farey, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 4, $55.
* Unspeakably delicious desserts, Leslie Lightner, noon to 1 p.m. Aug. 10, $20.
* Small bites, dips and spreads, Leslie Lightner, noon to 1 p.m. Aug. 17, $20.
* Simple, fresh, inspired in about 20 minutes, Leslie Lightner, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 18, $40.
Resident Cheesemonger: 405 Main St., Edmonds; 425-640-8949. Weekly cheese tastings, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Cheese classes, 6 p.m. first Thursday of each month, free.
Sweet Basil’s in Edmonds: Reservations required for all classes. Sweet Basil’s School of Cooking, 5820 156th SW, Edmonds; 425-743-7438.
To have your cooking class or food event published, send it to Food Calendar, The Herald Features Department, P.O. Box 930, Everett, WA 98206, or e-mail it to email@example.com.