Mother’s Day is May 14. If you’re still scrounging for ideas for the dear mom in your life, remember that cheery flowers and spring-theme gardening items usually make pretty great gifts.
With that in mind, we paid a visit to Stadium Flowers on Broadway and found a 5,500-square-foot gift-giving mecca featuring cut flowers, live plants, silk arrangements, vases, pots, stuffed animals, greeting cards and a few home decor items including tables, lamps, statuary and accessories. There are even a few “guy” items, including an array of Harley-Davidson and NASCAR mugs, which could double as vases.
Stadium Flowers is at 37th Street and Broadway (425-252-4161) and 5703 Evergreen Way (425-353-1101) in Everett, and 208th Street and Highway 99 in Lynnwood (425-774-4169).
1. Get purse-onal: This woven cornhusk handbag, decorated with beads, leather handles and floral accents, carries a kalanchoe plant on the right and cut flowers on the left. Get the whole arrangement for $59.98 or just the purse for $29.98.
2. Faux to go: Orchids don’t need to be babied if they’re fake. Arrangements of all sorts can add life to a room. This minimalist piece with orchids in bud and bloom goes for $32.98.
3. Hip to be square: Leave bud vases behind with a glass cube vase, stuffed with short-cut flowers and wrapped with colorful ribbon for a picture-perfect present ($24.98).
4. What about the kids? Help a child express his or her love for Mom with a cute container planted with kalanchoe for $14.98 or get the pot alone for $9.98.
5. Fabulous foliage: Add a blast of spring cheer to your mom’s day with a stylish pot filled with red, green and variegated leaves and a few hot-pink flowers to boot ($29.98).
6. All moms are angels: Humble, beautiful, loving and gentle. If that’s your mom, this might be the gift ($45.98).