National Trails Day is June 1. If you love trails, it’s only fair to get out and help maintain them.
Here is a roundup of some events that are planned, focusing on those within a reasonable driving distance of Snohomish County. Check out the event’s website for even more options.
- Beckler Peak Trail (near Wild Sky Wilderness) with the Washington Trails Association
- Pratt River connector trail (off of I-90) with the WTA
- Excelsior Pass trail (off of the Mount Baker Highway) with the WTA
- Cougar Mountain Wildland Park with the WTA
- Darrington District trail work with the Mountaineers
- Ira Spring Trail (near Snoqualmie Pass) with the Mountaineers
- Sun Mountain Lodge (Winthrop) weekend with the Mountaineers
- Fort Ebey State Park (Coupeville) with the Navy Outdoor Recreation Program
- Iron Goat Trail (off of U.S. 2) with Volunteers for Outdoor Washington
- Pilchuck Tree Farm (near Stanwood) with Traildusters Chapter Back Country Horsemen of Washington &Pilchuck Recreation Association
Those days don’t work for you? The WTA has a huge list of trail work parties here.