Boys and Girls Club: Gymnastics and dance classes for kids and families; gymnastics 1 through 3, preschool creative movements, children’s dance 1; 425-334-7766, 425-397-3964.
City of Lynnwood: The city of Lynnwood Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department offers classes for youth and families. Discounts for Lynnwood residents, 425-771-4030.
* NightWaves, 8 p.m. to midnight second /fourth Saturdays, $5.
Edmonds Parks &Recreation: Classes for young kids and teens, registration required, Frances Anderson Center, 700 Main St., Edmonds; 425-771-0230, www.reczone.org.
Everett Public Library: All children’s events are free and take place at the library locations, unless otherwise noted. Some require registration. Main branch, 2702 Hoyt Ave., 425-257-8030; Evergreen branch, 9512 Evergreen Way, 425-257-8250.
* Story time for 2- and 3-year-olds, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, main library, and 10:30 a.m. Thursdays, Evergreen branch.
* Story time for 3- to 6-year-olds, 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays, Evergreen branch, and 10:30 a.m. Thursdays, main library.
* Drop-in play group for parents and children, 10 a.m. to noon Fridays, Evergreen branch.
* Teen book party, 7 p.m. Oct. 18, story room, main library’s children’s department, free, middle/high schoolers.
* Paws to Read! 3 to 5 p.m. Oct. 15, 29 and Nov. 12, children’s department, main library, free, second- and fifth-graders can curl up with service dogs and read.
University Bookstore: Mill Creek Town Center, Bothell-Everett Highway and 153rd Street SE, Mill Creek; 425-385-3530.
* Story time, 11 a.m. Thursdays/Saturdays.
Wade James Theatre: Man and monster make-up workshop for ages 10 and up, 12:30 to 5 p.m. Oct. 13, $40/student, $9 materials fee, 950 Main St., Edmonds; www.driftwoodplayers.com, 425-774-9600.
Barnes &Noble events: 18025 Garden Way NE, Woodinville; 425-398-1990. Story times: 11 a.m. Wednesdays/Saturdays.
Seattle Public Library: 2 to 4 p.m. Oct. 14 “The Good Good Pig” author Sy Montgomery presents a slide show, 1000 Fourth Ave., Seattle; 206-386-4636, free. 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Oct. 15, Third Place Books, 17171 Bothell Way NE, Lake Forest Park; 206-366-3333, free.