Adopt-A-Stream Foundation’s Northwest Stream Center: McCollum Park, 600 128th St. SE, Everett; registration required by calling 425-316-8592; details at www.streamkeeper.org.
• All about bats, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 22; $5 Adopt-A-Stream Foundation members, $7 nonmembers, open to fifth-graders through adult.
BIKES rides: Various starting locations; www.bikesclub.org.
Start at 10 a.m. Oct. 17, Paine Field Park, 11928 Beverly Park Road, Everett; 38 miles; rain cancels; food stop planned; 425-478-9594.
Cascade Bicycle Club: 7400 Sand Point Way NE, Building 138, Seattle; 206-522-3222; www.cascade.org.
• Start at 10 a.m. Oct. 18, Logboom Park, 6100 NE 75th St., Kenmore; 48- to 50-mile route; ride to south Snohomish County; steady rain cancels; 425-890-5234.
• 10 a.m. start Oct. 22, Jack Block Park, 2130 Harbor Ave. SW, Seattle; 40- to 45-mile route; steady rain cancels; 206-618-0301.
Greg’s Custom Fishing Rods: 12405 20th St. NE, Lake Stevens; registration required at 425-335-1391; www.gregscustomrods.com.
• Rod-building class, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Oct. 19 through 27; $30 for series, plus the cost of blank and components.
Milltown Sailing Association: Meets 7 p.m. second Wednesdays, 410 14th St., Everett; 425-710-9175.
Monroe Library: 1070 Village Way; 360-794-7851; www.sno-isle.org.
• Meet Freedom the bald eagle and author Jeff Guidry, 7 p.m. Oct. 19; free.
Mukilteo Yacht Club: Meets 6:30 p.m. fourth Tuesdays, yearround, Old Garage, 807 Second St., Mukilteo; new members welcome, subject to space availability; 425-315-0535.
North Sound Sea Kayaking Association: 425-423-0883; www.nsska.homestead.com. Free meetings take place at 7 p.m., Legion Park, 145 Alverson Blvd., Everett, unless otherwise noted.
Over-the-Hill-Hikers: Various times on Thursdays, South County Senior Center, 220 Railroad Ave., Edmonds; Most trips cost $13 for senior center members and $16 for nonmembers. To sign up, first-time participants call 425-513-9374; others call 425-774-5555; www.scscedmonds.org.
Pilchuck Audubon Society: Details at 360-563-0181, 360-435-3750, unless otherwise noted; www.pilchuckaudubon.org.
• Meet at 7:25 a.m. Oct. 19, Edmonds marsh, south of W. Dayton Street for Point No Point trip, bring money for ferry ride; pack a lunch. To submit an item for the Outdoors calendar, e-mail email@example.com or send it to “Outdoors Calendar,” The Herald, P.O. Box 930, Everett, WA 98206.