Here at Vespertine Boutique, we believe we would be doing a disservice if we continue to talk about pleasure without talking about the Supreme Court’s decision overturning Roe v. Wade. We have a deep and abiding belief that every person has a singular right over their own physical and psychological well-being.
The right to self governance is at the very root of our credo. That includes everything from pleasure, contraception, and sexual education to the inherent right for an individual to choose how to approach an unplanned pregnancy.
One year ago, Vespertine opened with a mission to ensure that people know there are numerous ways to access personal healthcare. We are very fortunate in Jefferson County and in Washington State as we have numerous healthcare providers who can provide services or who will help access the requested services.
It is heartening to know that individuals, institutions and corporations all across the country are stepping up and helping women to access care without subjecting them to intrusive questioning. These companies include Goldman-Sachs, Starbucks, Paypal, Target, and many others including smaller businesses and start-ups.
- Here are some resources, both local and national, that you can reach out to if you need care.
- Jefferson County Healthcare
- Jefferson County Public Health
- Post Roe America Resources
We purposely kept this article concise and focused because this is a critical issue for all humans in all communities. As always, we will continue to be a conduit for information including pleasure, contraception, and sexual education as well as accessing information about healthcare.
Find Vespertine Boutique on Facebook, Instagram and at 914 Water St. in Port Townsend.
READ MORE: ‘Dear Vespertine’ column answers intimate questions you were too afraid to ask
READ MORE: Intimate assistive tech for people with disabilities
Talk to us
- You can tell us about news and ask us about our journalism by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 425-339-3428.
- If you have an opinion you wish to share for publication, send a letter to the editor to email@example.com or by regular mail to The Daily Herald, Letters, P.O. Box 930, Everett, WA 98206.
- More contact information is here.