Mental health is just as important as physical health, and yet it’s something that people often can’t openly talk to and get the help they need. Stigma is still very real in society, and people are afraid of being labeled as “crazy” or “weak” if they admit they are struggling.
This needs to change! The truth is that anyone can experience poor mental health at any time in their lives – it doesn’t discriminate.
Many people worldwide suffer from mental health problems, such as anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), burnout, trauma, personality disorders, self-esteem issues, and many more.
Without the right help, such as therapy with licensed and trained mental health professionals, people can’t live healthy lives. Mental health issues can have a huge impact on their well-being, affecting their relationships, work, day-to-day activities, and overall health and happiness.
Fortunately, there are online therapy platforms that help people access the mental health care they need and fight the stigma. These platforms provide a safe and confidential space for people to talk about their problems and get support. In addition, they offer a wide range of useful resources that can help everyone learn more about mental health and grow their skills.
With so much stigma still surrounding mental health, these platforms are helping to make a real difference in the lives of those who need it most. We’re rounded up 3 top platforms to get therapy for anxiety. Let’s check out our picks.
Top 3 Best Online Therapy Services for Anxiety Therapy
- Calmerry is an online therapy platform that is committed to providing access to quality mental health care with the help of a pool of fully licensed providers who meet your needs. You can be matched with them in a few hours and connect via messaging or live video from any device conveniently. It’s best for depression and anxiety therapy from licensed counselors.
- Talkspace is an online therapy service that offers a convenient way to receive counseling or psychiatric services. With Talkspace, you can receive treatment through text, phone, or video, making it easy to access help when you need it. It’s a trusted platform with comprehensive mental health treatment options.
- BetterHelp is the largest online therapy platform, and it has been helping people with their mental health since 2013. With over 20,000 licensed therapists, you’re sure to find one that’s a good fit for you. Sessions are conducted via chat, phone, video, or messaging.
#1. Calmerry – Online Therapy Review of Best Platform for Anxiety
Calmerry is an online therapy platform that connects you with a licensed provider who is hand-picked just for your needs. You’ll be matched with them in hours or less and be able to connect via messaging or live videos from anywhere.
Calmerry strives to be a comprehensive teletherapy platform and offers a variety of resources to help people manage their mental health. Like many of the other companies we reviewed, Calmerry has three subscription plans that start at $42 a week.
The common therapeutic approaches that their mental health professionals use include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior coaching (DBT), motivational interviewing, mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT), and many others evidence-based modalities, as stated on their website. Calmerry professionals help people manage their mental health by teaching them how to cope with stress, anxiety, depression, and maintain good mental health.
The company also provides a variety of helpful resources, including digital mental health toolbox, articles, and webinars to help people learn about mental health and how to improve it.
- Schedule live sessions as needed
- Flexible subscription plans
- Available in all 50 states
- Licensed therapists
- Multiple ways to communicate
- 24/7 tech support via phone, email, and private portal
- Matched with therapists by the trained team, not an algorithm
- No free trials
- You can’t choose your therapist
- No psychiatric services
- Offers only individual therapy
All Calmerry providers are clinical social workers, clinical psychologists, marriage and family therapists, or licensed professional counselors with extensive training and master’s or doctorate degree in their field. They will develop personalized treatment plans for each client taking into account the specific needs they identify during filling out the questionnaire and during the initial consultation session.
You can have sessions through text and audio messages or live video calls that you can add as many as you want. Live videos allow you to have sessions without having an in-office meeting which is perfect for many who have busy schedules. All that’s needed is a stable internet connection and a preferred device.
Clients are matched with the right counselor based on their responses. But, they can switch to another for free if some of their therapy needs aren’t fulfilled.
For the first month, there is a discount of 30% for every new person to the platform. Just apply their promo code.
#2. TalkSpace – Trusted Online Counseling & Psychiatric Services
Talkspace is a telemedicine company that provides services for individuals, couples, and teens. The company offers online therapy, which is a convenient option for busy people who want to improve their mental health. Talkspace therapists are licensed and experienced professionals who can provide guidance and support on a variety of issues.
Talkspace also offers relationship-centered therapy for couples and medication management services.
- Insurance accepted
- Different communication methods
- Private and secure site
- Easy-to-use platform
- May be a good option for teens
- Availability of medical management services
- May be expensive for additional services
- Live sessions are short (30 minutes)
- Group therapy unavailable
- Insurance may not cover the costs of BetterHelp
- Message-only plan; other methods cost more.
Talkspace has more than 1,000 licensed therapists and serves millions of clients. The industry-leading service has a solid and dependable name in therapy services. They provide online services for individuals, couples, and teens. The Talkspace website offers a variety of ways to talk with your therapist, including video, text chat, and audio. They also have live chats.
They also provide access to medication management services. However it’s worth noting that psychiatry services aren’t part of any subscription plan at all. So receiving psychiatric care from Talkspace could get expensive.
#3. BetterHelp – Top-Rated Online Counseling Platform for Adults and Kids
BetterHelp is a website that offers teletherapy services to all people who want to maintain good mental health and be happy. The website has a team of over 20,000 licensed professionals, including licensed mental health counselors, clinical social workers, and marriage and family therapists.
BetterHelp offers different types of therapy, including individual, couples, and teens.
- Informative website
- A large number of licensed professionals
- Security and privacy protection
- Many communication options available
- Live sessions available in the plan
- Accessible therapists’ bio
- No on-staff psychiatrist
- One subscription plan
- Price may change based on a therapist and location
- Many clients report uninvolved therapists in the process
BetherHelp offers different convenient modes of communication. Therapy through messaging on BetteHelp offers unlimited text messages so you can reach your therapist anytime and speak with them from anywhere. The large client base shown on their website is a solid indication that this platform has been successful in providing support to customers.
BetterHelp may be a good option for many people as it provides access to different types of therapy. But if you live with a severe mental health problem–- such as complex PTSD or have addictions – the short 30-minute live video sessions might not provide enough time to work on your issues in-depth. You should consider getting additional services like medication management, too.
How We Made the List of the Best Online Therapy Platforms
To choose the best online therapy platforms for our list, we looked at a variety of factors, including the types of therapy offered, the number of therapists available, the pricing options, confidentiality, modes of communication, and the platform’s ease of use. We also took into account clients’ reviews and expert opinions. In the end, we narrowed down our list to 3 of the best accessible and comprehensive online therapy platforms currently available.
We hope this list will help you find the platform that’s right for you!