EDMONDS — Two residents were injured in a fire Thursday night at a senior housing complex in Edmonds, officials said.
Just before 8:15 p.m., fire crews were dispatched to the fire in the three-story building in the 22700 block of 76th Street SW, according to South County Fire. The fire was in a unit on the second floor.
Two residents were taken to Swedish Edmonds due to smoke exposure, fire officials reported. Their conditions didn’t appear to be life threatening. A third resident exposed to smoke was evaluated on scene. There were no other injuries reported.
The building’s sprinkler system kept the fire in check until South County Fire crews arrived. Within 10 minutes, firefighters had it under control, according to authorities. Damage was contained to the kitchen of the second-floor unit. The apartment below suffered water damage.
The Red Cross was assisting two displaced residents.
On Friday morning, investigators continued to look into how the fire started.
Talk to us
- You can tell us about news and ask us about our journalism by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 425-339-3428.
- If you have an opinion you wish to share for publication, send a letter to the editor to email@example.com or by regular mail to The Daily Herald, Letters, P.O. Box 930, Everett, WA 98206.
- More contact information is here.